About Delta S® asphalt rejuvenator
As a true rejuvenator, Delta S returns the binder in recycled asphalt to its original functionality by reversing the natural oxidation process that causes pavement to become brittle. The binder softens for workability and then stiffens for durability and an undiminished lifespan.
By restoring the binder in recycled asphalt to its original performance, Delta S allows RAP to be used in significantly higher proportions. Test data concludes that 50% RAP rejuvenated with Delta S has a comparable performance and lifespan to 100% virgin asphalt. When used as a rejuvenator, Delta S has the added benefit of simultaneously acting as a warm mix additive, further reducing paving cost and extending the paving season significantly. Delta S can also be used at a lower dosage for warm mix functionality alone.
The Delta S unit weight is 7.75 pounds per gallon and a Specific Gravity of 0.926 – 0.93 @ 25C.
Benefits of Delta S asphalt rejuvenator
- Single tank storage for dual purpose WMA and recycled asphalt rejuvenator
- Non-toxic, worker safe and environmentally friendly
- Enables the use of a higher ratio of RAP and RAS to virgin asphalt and aggregate without affecting pavement performance
- Third party test data shows comparable performance to virgin asphalt
- Significantly lowers paving temperatures, reducing energy usage and extending the paving season
- Can be added during any phase of production
The Next Generation of Flexible Pavements
Download PDF of 4 page Delta S Engineered Cold Mix Brochure