Application Methods Delta S® asphalt rejuvenator
Delta S can be introduced in various effective and efficient methods depending on each individual application.
- Inline blending with the liquid asphalt binder at the asphalt terminal or at the asphalt mix plant
- Applied directly onto products such as RAP (Recycled Asphalt Product) or RAS (Recycled Asphalt Shingles) using a spray bar or spray nozzle method over a conveyor belt or into a batch plant pug mill during production
- Metered directly into mixing chamber or pug mill at asphalt mix plants
- Blended with liquid asphalt binder at the asphalt mix plant storage tanks and inventoried without the need for agitation
Whichever method Delta S is introduced has proven to be highly effective for that individual application.
Transportation & Storage Options
- The Delta S unit weight is 7.747 pounds per gallon and a Specific Gravity of 0.926 – 0.93 @ 25C.
- Available in 275 gallon (2,145 lb) returnable totes
- Bulk deliveries by tanker truck and rail car
- Delta S can be stored in plastic or steel containers and tanks
- Delta S does not need to be agitated before using
- Suggest a one year shelf life providing that the Delta S product is protected from the weather and not exposed to direct sunlight during long term storage.
- Delta S has a flash point of > 260°C (500°F)
- Keep away from open flames